In an effort to start making our coaching volunteers look more professional and consistent and to provide a small token of our appreciation & thank you for your time … Gorge Soccer is pleased to announce our initial offering for our club coaches for u13 – U18 and senior coaches.
- One coach per team per year is offered up to a maximum of approx. $100 towards a standardized jacket.
- Next season the program is extended to the new coaches at U13 and A/Coaches or Managers.
- The club has standardized the coaching wear to one of three jackets and one type of pants.
- The current year selected coach is provided a coupon code for the Gorge Store and upon ordering the Gorge Gear they enter the coupon code for their discount.
- Any amount over the $100 must be made up by the coach.
- The money cannot be used on any other products.
- Other coaches not selected this current year can order coaches wear; however, payment would be wholly their responsibility.
Clarifications / Q&A:
Why one coach per team? - Because the club has a limited budget and many coaches (75 youth teams and 15 senior teams). At this time, it is within our budget to spread this over a few years’ vs all at once. The second year, the A/Coach or Manager will be provided the coupon.
Why U13 and above? - Similar to above answer, we have a large number of coaches at the u5-u12 levels and just can’t afford to provide this to every coach in the club. Also the U5-u10 coaches typically play in-house and the u13 and above are representing the club when travelling. Finally, as coaches progress in the age divisions, many leave the club or quit coaching as the level of knowledge increases.
I am a coach below u13 ... can I still order coaching wear? Yes, of course. But it will be at your cost.
For questions related to the program, please contact ...
When To Order
For ordering purposes, the online store will have opening and closing date associated with each month.
For example, if you order your items in September you will receive them approximately 2-3 weeks later.
- Store Opens: Nov. 1, 2017
- Store Closes: nov. 26, 2017
- Product Expected Arrival: December 17, 2017
You will be notified when the orders are ready for pick up.
Some people may be interested in trying on sample sizes before ordering, which they can do at the Team Sales offices at 468 Burnside Rd E.